Prev: Full Thrust Demo Derby! Next: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply...

[ADMIN] Various things..

From: "Absolutely Barking Stars" <jw4@b...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 05:08:06 -0500
Subject: [ADMIN] Various things..

Just so people can spot them, I'm going to put [ADMIN] in the subject of

the message when I'm wearing my adminstrator's hat. I'd be obliged if
you'd all
read them.

1) The list went down again yesterday for a while. The wonders of
technology eh?

2) THE NEW SUBSCRIPTION MESSAGE
This is the message that will be sent out to all new subscribers, once
we
get it sorted out. I'm posting it here so I can be sure everyone has the
most
recent version.

----------------Cut here 8<--------------------------------------

Welcome to the Full Thurst / Ground Zero Games mailing list at
FTGZG-L@BOLTON.AC.UK. We hope you find the list interesting and useful
but
there are a few things you need to know..

1) DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE.
At some point in the future you may want to leave the list or change the
way it works for you. The details for doing so are in this mail mesage.

2) The List Administrator
The current e-mail address of the list adminstrator is JW4@bolton.ac.uk.
Please refer to him (rather than the list) if you have problems.

3) List Options
To set options on how you receive email from the list, you send a
message
with JUST the relevant command to the address

      FTGZG-L-REQUEST@BOLTON.AC.UK

   HELP 	Emails you a message with a list of commands.

      QUERY		tells you what options you have set

   REVIEW		sends you a list of subscribers (see 'set
conceal')

   SET NOMAIL	leaves you on the list but stops it sending you mail.
      Revert to 'normal' service with SET MAIL

      SET CONCEAL	Stops your name from showing up on the list sent
out to
      people using the 'review' command. Set yourself to being visible
      with the SET NOCONCEAL command. NOTE: The adminstrator always sees

      the full list.

   SET NOREPRO	Sets the list not to send you copies of messages you
send
      to the list. Reversible with SET REPRO.

4) Unsubscribing
At some point you may wish to leave the list. To do this you send the
command SIGNOFF to the address above.
    **NOTE**. If you send the signoff message from a different email
    address than the one you subscribed from, it won't work. You have to
    unsubscribe from the same email address. This can go wrong if you
have
    moved addresses and are having mail forwarded for you or if the mail
    system you are on sets up an 'alias' name for you. To find out if
this
    is the problem, send a 'review' command to the address above and
search
    for your name. The only email address you can unsubscribe from is
the
    one listed.

5) Legalese
Important note on use of the FTGZG-L@BOLTON.AC.UK Mailing List

This list is run primarily for the benefit of players of Ground Zero
Games
products and the products of other companies connected to them. Several
members of the staff of Ground Zero Games subscribe to this mailing list
and therefore any material posted on this list is likely to be seen by
them. Any material posted to this list remains the copyright of those
posting it, however list members should be aware that while the exact
text
of the mail message is copyright, the ideas expressed within them are
not
so unless an identifiable portion of the text is reprinted in a GZG
product, legal action for copyright breach is unlikely to succeed.

If you find this situation intolerable, follow the unsubscription
details
and remove yourself from this list as soon as possible.

list address.

					TTFN
							Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: Full Thrust Demo Derby! Next: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? A company wants to supply...