Prev: Re: Nanotechnology Next: Re: FT3 help!

Mines.

From: pcaron%nhqvax.dnet@r...
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 09:35:20 -0500
Subject: Mines.

<Scott Field wrote:>
>I think a lot of people on this list would agree. I make my mines do
1-6
>POINTS of damage, like a torpedo. Check Jerry Han's archives for a
couple
>dozen different ideas for mines.

>Scott Field

Our group modified the mine rules early on.  Here's what we came up
with...

Beam Space Mine Layer (3 mines)
Mass: 3 	Cost: 10
Does 9d6 BEAM damage to any ship within 3" of mine.  Screens and armor
protect.

Nuclear Space Mine (3 mines)
Mass: 3 	Cost: 10
Does 1d6 damage to any ship within 3" of mine. Screens and Armor do NOT
protect.

EMP Space Mine (3 mines)
Mass: 3 	Cost: 10
Forces threshold checks per EMP missile rules in More Thrust to any ship
within 3".

Antimatter Space Mine (3 mines)
Mass: 6 	Cost: 20
Does 2d6 damage to any ship withing 3" of mine.  Screens and Armor do
NOT
protect.

I've seen some good ideas on the net lately regarding mines.  I may
modify
the above rules a bit.	I'll be paying close attention to what others
are
doing in their FT games.

Peter Caron

Prev: Re: Nanotechnology Next: Re: FT3 help!