Prev: Re: Short list Next: Re: Questions: Submuntions and Scatterguns

Nanotechnology

From: Thomas Heaney <Thomas@k...>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 17:47:37 -0500
Subject: Nanotechnology

I've just about finished reading a book called "NANO!" by Ed Regis,
which is a fascinating book about nanotechnology(very basicaly, little
robots building things atom by atom), and wondered if anyone has ever
considered this as it relates to FT/DSII, or any other wargames.

As far as I've thought about it at the moment, the main advantages it
would give in FT are ship construction(program the robots to build a
dirty great big Super Dreadnaught, go away and do something else, then
come back when the're finished), and damage control (even MP's could be
repaired, just build new bulkhead's, etc. out of whatever slag was left
of the old one's).

In the book "Until Releived" by Rick Shelly( ACE Science Fiction ISBN 0-
441-00019-3, DSII players should read this one), nanotechnology was used
to remove all trace of the parasails(ie reduce to their component atoms)
used by Special Forces troops prior to a surface assault.

Anybody else have any thoughts on the subject.	I'd be interested to
know.

--
Thomas Heaney

Prev: Re: Short list Next: Re: Questions: Submuntions and Scatterguns