Prev: Re: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII Next: RE: Ogre Figures

Re: Ogre Figures

From: Scott R Pyle <srpyle@c...>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 06:37:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Ogre Figures

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Allan Goodall wrote:

> At 09:55 PM 2/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >	   From what I have been told by Steve Jackson
> >(he was at a local SF convention a few months ago) Ogre is currently
being
> >tentatively planned as a boxed set for the next release, containing
enough
> >figures to play the basic scenario.	The figures would be metal, but
I do
> >not know who would produce them. This is far from certain, however,
so don't
> >hold your breath.
>
> The SJG web site mentions that they are looking for someone to do the
> models. They are interested in producing more Ogre stuff, but they
come
> right out and say that they want to do the new material as miniatures,
not
> board games. I guess we'll just have to keep waiting...

	An Ogre boxed set? This would be sweet. The Ogre/GEV system is
the
smoothest, quickest, miniatures system ever written. It lacks the great
detail of a DSII, but it's so quick you soon forget the lack of detail
and
lose yourself in the tactics of whatever scenario you're playing at the
time. I wonder if SJG can price a boxed set of that size competitively
against, say, a GW boxed set? Bet they can...

Scott R. Pyle
Assistant Cataloging Librarian
Youngstown State University
srpyle@cc.ysu.edu

Prev: Re: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII Next: RE: Ogre Figures