Prev: Re: Ogre Minis Next: Full Thrust E-Mail Games

RE: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 12:20:06 -0500
Subject: RE: Starguard figs / Ogres for DII

>----------

	I just found a bunch of 22mm-23mm Denizen K'hiff "Space Coyotes"
for
dirt cheap so I'm not particulary too worried about scale 'specially
with Alien races. Unfortunately, my old Traveller 2300 figs are just way
dang small (true 20mm).

>>	I didn't find them crude, but I guess by today's lofty
standards,
>>they do lack something in the way of detail, but they make up for that
in
>>characater and affordability.
>
>	>I'll let folks know about the quality of the 1/300 Blower Cars
>>(read:GEVs) I get from reviresco (hopefully today or tomorrow). I like
>>that Gauss piece as well.

	I'd love to hear about 'em.

>> >pretty nice.  I'm working on some of his "Nautaloid" figures right
now.
>> >Basically, big cephelapods with snail shells on their backs and big
>weapons.
>
>	>I love the Dreenoi "bugs" I got in my first order.
>
>	>I'm also expecting a pair of 25mm (i.e., 22-23mm) APCS with my
>>order of 1/300 stuff. I'll also report on thesewhen they arrive. As
for
>>the rules.... I'm afraid I can't give them the ringing endorsement I
have
>>given the figures. They are at best disjointed, and at worst, possibly
>>unplayable in their current format. I think the nucleus of a good
system
>>is there, but John desperately needs an editor and some more
playtesting.
>	>If you like the figures (as I very much do), play them with
SGII
>>stuff (as I do), or with whatever rules you're fond of.

Well, it sounds like I'll bite for the rules (worst comes to worst,
it'll be good for reading material) and some of the Alien races, at
least it'll support small press gaming, so what-the-hey. I suppose with
all the kitbashing I do the worst that can happen is vehicle and gun
parts end up in the bits box. I don't mind less 'baroque' more austere
(read normal-looking) miniatures, I'm definately a Ral Partha /
Grenadier miniatures guy, not a Games Workshop guy, but you have to draw
the line on really poor, tiny miniatures, but from what I've heard I'll
try 'em, well, at least a few.

Thanks