Prev: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT (Was:Re: testing, testing, 1,2) Next: Re. Phil P. (New Gamer in Morgan Hill CA)

Questions: Submuntions and Scatterguns

From: pcaron%nhqvax.dnet@r...
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 10:21:41 -0500
Subject: Questions: Submuntions and Scatterguns

Hello All,

	I'm a tad confused about some rules concerning Scattergun and
Submunitions.  For starters, I dug this up from my copy of the Full
Thrust
FAQ...

>Full Thrust FAQ
>8. Rules Califications
>
>What is the fire arc of a scatter pack?
>
>	 The scatter pack has only one 90 degree fire arc. You can
>	 position the fire arc to fire in any direction (excluding rear
>	 arc), but you can not purchase addition arcs for the weapon.
>
>	 Question answered by: Mike Elliot

What's a scatter pack?	Is that a Submunition pack or some other system.
I doubt it's a Scattergun because today, when I was reading my copy of
More Thrust I observed something about the Scattergun that I had missed
before.

The Scattergun has a 360 degree arc.  The direction the symbol points in
doesn't indicate it's fire arc.  It's on a turret.

I'm not going to get into "gee, this should be changed" mode yet because
I haven't studied the rules enough to do so and I'm not sure I want to
anyway.

The Scattergun has anti-fighter capabilities... I'm assuming that means
it also has anti-missile capabilities as well.	It is afterall a shotgun
spread.  Six mass of these could therefore stop six incoming missiles,
right?

Opinions, comments... good recipes ;)

Pete

Prev: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT (Was:Re: testing, testing, 1,2) Next: Re. Phil P. (New Gamer in Morgan Hill CA)