Prev: Re: Aliens Figures Next: Star Wars micromachines

New Starwars!

From: hosford.donald@e... (hosford.donald)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 20:34:06 -0500
Subject: New Starwars!

I just came home from seeing the new starwars picture.	 I love it!

BTW...It occured to me while I was watching the space battle scenes:
According to SWRPG info, the drives they use are electro-magnetic based.
This means they can push/pull themselves by using faint magnetic fields
around planets, and extreamly large stations.	Anything that uses power
also generates a small magnetic field around it -- strength depending on
the
amount of power being used.   The starwars spaceships can manuever like
aircraft, because they are also surrounded by the medium which they
manuever
with.  Ever wonder why burning ships tended to crash into the two
deathstars?  Because of their size, they would generate a small gravity
force, in addition to all of the artificial gravity being generated.  So
this means that Starwars ships/fighters are behaving according to the
physical laws.	They just have a few things we don't....

SOAPBOX MODE ON:
  Physicists -- Don't feed me that guff about not being able to
imagine/discribe  higher technology than we currently understand....Just
sit
back and enjoy the show!
SOAPBOX MODE OFF:

Sorry about the "soapbox mode".  I can't stand peaple who would try to
limit
my fun for such puny reasons!

Donald Hosford
--
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com

Prev: Re: Aliens Figures Next: Star Wars micromachines