Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Kra'Vak diagrams

Re: SICK OF LACK OF OGRE (Off-Topic)

From: John Kovalic <muskrat@m...>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 13:40:59 -0500
Subject: Re: SICK OF LACK OF OGRE (Off-Topic)

>Hello Everyone:
>	All the recent talk about Ogre has just hit a major nerve with
>me.  I am sick of the fact that SJG won't support this game.  I bought
the
>Ogre Minis Rules a few years ago, and by the time I got to buying the
minis
>Ral Partha stopped the line.  I was also furious when Soliders and
Swords,
>who was next to inherit this line, went belly up before they produced
so
>much as a GEV.  Sure I could buy DSII minis and use those, but what am
>going to do without an Orge Mark IV mini to rumble across my
battlefield?
>	Does anyone want to join mr in s letter-writing campiagn to kick
Steve
>in the butt and get him motivated?  Orge is one of SJGs signature lines
>(next to Car Wars and Illuminati), it would be a terrible shame it this
>game faded from view.
>
>Later,
>Mark A. Siefert

Mark,

I do a lot of work for Steve Jackson Games (Murphy's Rules, INWO art,
etc.), and Steve's about as motivated as he can be. Killing Zone is in
its
final playtest stages, and the company's looking (and I think has found)
manufacturer for the new Ogre minis. (I suggested they go with whoever
did
the Silent Death plastics).

There was some angst between SJG and Ral Partha, and I know for a fact
that
Steve doesn't much like the current situation, but things are moving
about
as quickly as they can at the moment. Ogre isn't going to fade from
view.
There are good things coming. I saw some of the previews for the Asian
Ogres at GenCon last summer.

I feel your pain, though. My only Ogre is a Mk III, and it looks GREAT.
:-)

John Kovalic

	   "This must be Thursday. I never COULD get the hang of
Thursdays"
						     - Arthur Dent
*				  "Wild Life": a Web comic --
*
*	       MUSKRAT CENTRAL: http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/muskrat/
*

Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Kra'Vak diagrams