Prev: Re: GZG and Copyright Next: Re: Re[2]: Ogres in DSII

Re: Trek/SFB conversions

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 01:06:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Trek/SFB conversions

At 03:52 PM 1/31/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Allan Goodall writes:
>
>@:) The problem with Star Trek is that the characters never change,
>@:) never evolve. Everything must end the episode at status quo.
>
>  To be fair, although they haven't reached B5's level, the DS9
>writers have been a lot better about this.

You could be right. I've only seen two full episodes of DS9 this season
and
one was the Tribbles episode. I noticed that Odo, who supposedly lost
his
powers after a trial by the Dominion, just got them back on this week's
episode. Back to status quo.

>Much less pleasing is Voyager.
>Here is a perfect opportunity to plan the large-scale plot of the show
>in advance and move everything slowly towards a conclusion, and they
>completely blew it.

You mean Gilligan's Island in Space? You know what my favourite Voyager
episode is? The one where they almost get back to Alpha Quadrant. (Buh
dump,
dump, ching)

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: GZG and Copyright Next: Re: Re[2]: Ogres in DSII