Prev: The Ft FAQ! Next: Re: GenCon 97 GZG tables?

RE: DS2: stats for Epic miniatures

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 00:58:45 -0500
Subject: RE: DS2: stats for Epic miniatures

At 04:41 PM 1/29/97 EST, you wrote:

>I think I had two versions, too.  I only have two weapons
>on it (one on each side, though I suppose those guns are
>supposed to represent two barrels), but I have a larger
>class weapon with no room for infantry and a smaller
>one with room.  Do you just decide which it was
>going to be before a battle, and tell your opponent at
>some point?  Did you try to distinguish them?
>Except I'll be giving lasers to the advanced aliens,
>and I'm really tempted to put DFFGs on the Land Raider.
>The close range power seems to fit when I look at the
>thing.

Well, I put HELs on it to make it equivalent to the vehicle in Space
Marine.
If you don't care if it's the same as the GW weapon, put anything you
want
on it. I didn't want to put DFFGs on it as I used DFFGs on one of the
Ork
vehicles. I wanted the technologies to be different. I never used both
versions of the Land Raider in the same game. If I did want to do that,
I'd
probably make the differences obvious and tell my opponent ahead of
time.
I'd assume that once the vehicle came within line of sight it would be
obvious which variant it was.

>Yeah, having both be at 2x for capacity seemed reasonable
>to me, and each with 180 degree arc.  (Or even 90, depending
>on how far those things will swing.)

I gave them something like 200 degree arcs: 180 degrees with an extra 10
either side of forward and backward. We found that 180 degrees created a
few
too many arguments as to whether one or two sets of sponsons could fire
at
the target. Increasing the arcs so that the weapons had a 20 degree
overlap
made the EXACT positioning of the figure less of an argument.

>Although I don't feel a need to stick with GW rulings,
>I do want to give all the weapons I see.  That was hard
>with the smaller Renegade Legion tanks--they're small,
>but have a pile of things on their turrets!   Although
>this was a recommendation, not a strict rule, I suspect
>most vehicles will fit.

I just assumed that most weapons were either additional APSWs or were
part
of the APFC belt.

>I'm not sure if you're saying you didn't let them shoot
>more than one system, or if you did but didn't make
>them take more firecons.

I didn't let them shoot more than one system. On the other hand, the
extension of the oversize rule makes sense. DS2 is meant to be generic.
If
the model doesn't fit with the rules as written, change the rules. I
think
this is what makes GZG's games so good. They are very easy to modify.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: The Ft FAQ! Next: Re: GenCon 97 GZG tables?