Prev: Re: Trek/SFB conversions Next: Re: GZG and Copyright

Re: Trek/SFB conversions

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:52:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Trek/SFB conversions

In message <32F02D16.3292@csd.uwm.edu> "Mark A. Siefert" writes:
> Cpt.
> Kirk-like charisma, "heroic action," and
> dramatic......................................pauses doesn't save the
> crew in these battles.

Oh, you're too hard on them Mark. I'm sure someone on Babylon 5
actually has charisma. We just haven't met them yet.

Still, as for... pauses, there could almost be a Full Trek rule
in that for combat initiative. When two ships unload on each other,
count the dice and get a referee to count them off, one, two,
three... First one to say "fire" in their best Pat Stewart voice
(Klingons may sub in the correct Klingon word) resolve that many
damage dice. The enemy then resolve all their dice, then the
remaining damage is resolved. Would you go for shooting first, or
wait for your full allocation, and the chance that their first
shots will kill or cripple you? When do you break?

--
David Brewer

"For vad ar din mor? Inte en start platta at din far/
Nej nej nej nej nej... okay yeah." -- Robin Hitchcock

Prev: Re: Trek/SFB conversions Next: Re: GZG and Copyright