Prev: Re: Modified Turn Sequence Next: FT-Battle Report

Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 11:33:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Donald A. Chipman III wrote:

> >Mark Kochte wrote:
> >>Nope. Won't work on an escort. Pulse Torps cost 5, Reflex Field
costs 6,
> >>total of 11 which is too much for an escort. Here are two options:
> >
> >Aww, damn, that's r--....wait!!! Take out the FTL drives....  ;-)

	First of all, they don't allow non-FTL ships.

> Talk them into letting you use alien tech "Since you guys beat me so
badly
> last time" and then build an escort with the Reflex field and a Lev 3
> Railgun.  Longer range than a Pulse Torp, and arguably better (or at
least,
> more consistant) damage.

	Can't do that either.  There's a funny story behind this.  In a
flyer for the group the clearly state that there would be "no race
mixing."  At the time, I wondered if this was a FT playgroup or a cell
of
the KKK.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: Modified Turn Sequence Next: FT-Battle Report