Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Sa'Vasku ship minis

Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

From: Brian Bell <103311.1205@c...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 23:04:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

>Hello All:
>	Well, I'm bummed.  Last night I had proven my own tactical
<snip>
>	First of all we started playing late.  I got there at seven
<snip>
>	They had changed the house rules since the last time I played:
>	*First, they changed the fleet points.	It was originally 2000.

>Now it's double that.
>	*Secondly, they don't allow fighters.  They didn't tell me this
<snip>
>	Third:	We have to wait 3 turns before any fire can take place.
>	Finnaly:  They came up with a new maneuver:  the slipside.
<snip>
>	In the end both my destroyers got dusted and my CA and BC died
an
<snip>
>Mark A. Siefert

Ugly game! Many good suggestions have already been made, so I will not
repeat them. Maybe you could suggest a mini-campaign. 16 systems. 16,000

total points per side. Fleets are designed before the start of the
campaign. Rules are set BEFORE fleets are designed. All ships must have
FTL drives or be brought in by tug/tenders (which count toward the point

total). Each side, secretly, will distribute it's fleet to the 16
systems
before the start of the campaign. 16 sealed envelopes work well to avoid

"favorable mistakes". Ships will NOT be able to be re-distributed during

the campaign. Uncontested systems go to the occupier. Contested systems
will be decided by battle. Side with the most systems at the end wins.
build monster ships, one side will have to forfeit 1 or more systems.

Brian Bell
103311.1205@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Includes the Full Thrust Ship Registry

Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Sa'Vasku ship minis