Prev: DS2: stats for Epic miniatures Next: Battletech Universe

Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 15:37:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

At 02:03 PM 1/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Here's something else fun to try:  Mount reflex fields and sub-packs
on
>>escorts and drive them right up to your opponents heavies with the
field on.
<<snippage>>
>I LIKE it!  :-)  Heheheheh...
>
>ALternatively, substitute a pulse torp for the sub-packs. Then sit
behind the
>big mothers and plink away randomly...

Nope. Won't work on an escort. Pulse Torps cost 5, Reflex Field costs 6,
total of 11 which is too much for an escort. Here are two options:

Class Name:	Little Ship of Horrors
Point Cost:	113
Ship Class:	Escort (Military)
Mass:	14/7
Thrust: 8
	FTL Drive Equipped

Weapons
Other Weapons:	1 Submunition Pack

Fire Control:	1 Fire Control System

Defensive Systems
	1 Damage Control Party
	1 Reflex Field

Damage Points per Threshold Level
	3 / 4

Class Name:	Little Ship of Horrors 2
Point Cost:	139
Ship Class:	Escort (Military)
Mass:	18/9
Thrust: 8
	FTL Drive Equipped

Weapons
Other Weapons:	3 Submunition Packs

Fire Control:	1 Fire Control System

Defensive Systems
	1 Damage Control Party
	1 Reflex Field

Damage Points per Threshold Level
	4 / 5

You could have 35 of the first one, or 28 of the second one. Hope the
munchkins bought LOTS of firecons. If you can, Mark, try wangling your
way
into making the victory points equal to the number of ship points left
at
the end of the game. The first time a 12 A-beam munchkin bounces back
the
average 24 damage points at close range, you will cease to be a primary
target. And once those sub-packs are expended, you're even LESS of a
threat
("Let's see, he can't do any more damage to me unless I fire at him,
hmmm....").  Then take as much time as you can get away with writing
your
orders, and hope your ships outlast the clock. :-)  You could have the
ships
swarm in on your opponent and then play a fancy shell game with him. Can
he
remember which of your ships expended their sub packs on the first pass?
like it! I bet they'll introduce a house rule to kill the use of reflex
shields for their next game, though (this seems to be their way of
dealing
with a tactic they can't beat).

One question, do you round the halved beam damage (on a roll of a 5) up
or down?

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: DS2: stats for Epic miniatures Next: Battletech Universe