Prev: Re: Modified Turn Sequence Next: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

Re: FT-Multiplayer Games

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 10:06:44 -0500
Subject: Re: FT-Multiplayer Games

At 09:17 AM 1/28/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I think maybe perhaps your estimated length of time might be a bit low.
>I ran a multi-player game at a convention (Marcon) in Ohio last year,
>had 3-4 people per side, about half learning the rules as they went. I
>allotted 3 hours to play, and we ended up going over 4 before being
forced
>to end the game due to the table space being needed for another game.
At
>that point the scenario was pretty much over, but could have gone
another
>couple turns.

That happened in the FT game I was playing at GenCon last year. One
thing
that helped, though, was that the game started along the long edges of
the
board. This gave us two advantages: we were within long beam range on
turn
1, and we had a lot of "width" for maneuvering.  I would strongly
suggest
this for a demo game. Since no one is well versed in the game, they
won't be
ready to do fancy approach maneuvers anyway. Just get them into the
battle
as soon as possible.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Modified Turn Sequence Next: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years