Prev: Re: Full Thrust/Full Impulse

Re: Forces in DSII

From: bug@i... (M. Ridout)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 20:01:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Forces in DSII

>	 I was just wondering about something....  How large are your
forces
>in DSII and SGII?  I've found myself to be painting relatively small
>forces--ranging from 10 to 40 figs. for SGII (Averaging at about 25).
On
>the other hand, I have 12 different sides painted up at this point,
giving
>me a great deal of flexability when designing scenarios.  My DSII minis
tend
>to work the same way--groups or around 20 or thirty figures painted in
>distinct fashion.  When I get organized, I'm going to design a
background
>with lots of mercenary units to explain all of this....  How do other
people
>do things?  Paint one or two BIG forces, and work with those?	Or is
there
>yet a third way?  Inquiring minds want to know?
>
>John Crimmins
>johncrim@voicenet.com

Unlike the others who have replied, I've gone to the one or two BIG
(read
hugely BIG)forces, with each of the parts of the force being separate
entities.  The force is based around Infantry (300 stands, Yea I know it
sounds silly) but we tend to play games that have an objective that
needs to
be held, and vehicles can't do that.

My force is comprised of Game$ Work$hop ($%#&@#!!) pieces with a healthy
smattering of Renegade and Battletech Tanks.  I use Imperial Guard as
Militia with assorted AFVs & support vehicles, Eldar as Line troops
(w/Grav
AFVs) and Marines as Powered.
I've been fortunate enough to acquire infantry very cheap and so has
made
this somewhat less expensive.

The remaining vehicles (400+) are broken down into groups for tactical
purposes.  What this allows me to do is to field a very flexable force,
with
just about any point value or combination of vehicles desired, or I can
split the force and simulate 3 separate armies. (They all sort of look
similar in color, but maybe there is a civil war going on)

If anyone wants Game$ Work$hop ($%#&@#!!) figs, check thier website for
mail
order info.  The sometimes have great deals on blister packs as they are
redoing EPIC and are disposing of old inventory where possible.

Michael
Brain:	Pinky are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Pinky:	Uh..I think so Brain but, uh..Brain? where did all those
cylinders
graduate from?

Brain: (Whacks Pinky Repeatedly)

Prev: Re: Full Thrust/Full Impulse