Prev: Re: Full Thrust/Full Impulse Next: Re: Forces in DSII and SGII

Re: Full Thrust/Full Impulse

From: Wuerthele@a...
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:43:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Full Thrust/Full Impulse

>Excellent. I need to know the following:
>NCC-1701 Enterprise (before refit) Mass and armament
>ditto after refit
>Grissom ditto
>Tsiolkovski ditto
>Reliant ditto
>Excelsior ditto

Why not just use canonical stuff from the Omnipedia?
  Enterprise before refit = about 200,000 and after refit about 180,000
mtn
w/ total of two torpedo launchers, 6 forward phaser banks (top and
bottom of
saucer) and six individual phaser mounts with four on the underside of
the
secondary hull and two immediately above the hangar decks.  The older
Constitution class (and variants thereof) had roughly two lighter
torpedo
launchers and three banks of phasers mounted on the primary hull.  Your
mileage may vary.
	Grissom = Tsiolkovsky (both are Oberth class 85,000 mtn science
ships) with
probably only one phaser bank.
	Reliant (et al) are variants of the Miranda class and weigh in
at about
125,000 mtn.  "Miranda" armament varies- the Reliant (which is called
the
Avenger class in some pubs) has six phaser banks located top and bottom
of
primary hull, and has two torpedo launchers forward and aft.
Additionally,
some units have phaser cannons (also known as megaphasers)
	The Excelsior is about 400,000 mtn, and has mostly unknown
armament, but I
suspect based on models at least 10 phaser banks upper and lower primary
hull
total with a smattering of other phasers here and there.  Definately two
or
four torpedo tubes with some maybe aft.   I recommend the outstanding
"Ships
of Star Fleet" series by Mastercom data for specific ship specs.

>Same for all Klingon ships they made models for (apart from the BOP),
>including:
>Standard Klingon Battlecruiser K- or D7- Class
>E-5 ? Escort
>L-7 ? Destroyer
>C-10? Battlecruiser
>B-12? Dreadnought
>
>Ferengi ships? Which ones are models available for?
	You could use the ST:SCS specs out of the various ship
recognition manuals
that FASA put out, but these are hard to find now.  I can look them up.

>Are there any models available of the Defiant to the same scale?
  No about 1:300

Mike Wuerthele
(frequent lurker, rare poster)

Prev: Re: Full Thrust/Full Impulse Next: Re: Forces in DSII and SGII