Prev: Re: FT-Multiplayer Games Next: Re: Trek/SFB conversions

RE: Trek conversions

From: hosford.donald@e... (hosford.donald)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 10:59:45 -0500
Subject: RE: Trek conversions

At 06:46 PM 1/27/97 -0800, you wrote:

>You just need to play SFB with people who can handle the energy
>allocation for a cruiser in 5 minutes tops. Unfortunately, the
>engineering types who are good at SFB also microanalyze tactics and
>possible enemy moves. That can happen with any game, no matter how
>simple. Some people have to carefully analyze every move and take their
>sweet time on every decision. SFB just has more decisions to make and
>thus more opportunities to waste time.
>
>Michael Carter Llaneza
>Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1991-1950
>http://www.hypnotic.com/
>Devolution is very real to me.
>
>Processor	      Clock Speed	Bytemark Integer Benchmarks
>Pentium		90 MHz			       1.0
>Pentium	       200 MHz			       2.1
>PowerPC 603e	       117 MHz			       2.2
>Pentium Pro	       200 MHz			       2.8
>PowerPC 603e	       200 MHz			       3.8
>PowerPC 604e	       200 MHz			       4.5

I got the feeling just from reading the nexus mag  (Task force's old
house
organ).  They had a "term paper" section.  Players would send in some
neat
little tactic they  had discovered.   And half the time they would chew
perfectly good tactic to peices!  I came up with a good little tactic,
but
after seeing that, I refused to send it in...  I'd rather not play with
rules lawers.

Donald Hosford
--
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com

Prev: Re: FT-Multiplayer Games Next: Re: Trek/SFB conversions