Prev: RE: Trek conversions Next: RE: Trek conversions

RE: Trek conversions

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 14:13:18 -0500
Subject: RE: Trek conversions

hosford donald writes:

@:) Ahh excuse me.  FASA HAD produced a Star Trek RPG with a space
@:) combat module.  (I heard it was pretty good..)  Anyway, what I
@:) heard, was that they got Paramount very mad.  Mad enough for them
@:) to yank FASA's Star Trek licence.

  !

  Well this is certainly having less and less to do with FT but I must
admit I'm quite pleased to hear that FASA got dropped.	As far as the
quality of their game, I played it once and found that it had some
intriguing aspects mechanics wise, but the only thing that really
grabbed me was the fact that players could each man one position on a
starship (captain, engineering, helm, etc) and then they had to work
together to operate the ship.  You could skip that, of course.	Anyway
as far as game mechanics SFB is a lot more complex and has a lot more
variety.  True to the ever-evolving Star Trek universe it is not.

  Perhaps I might be able to excuse myself for this digression if I
were to ask whether anyone has skipped the conversions of existing
games and just come up with FT versions of Star Trek ships?  I do
vaguely remember hearing someone discuss photon torpedoes vs
disruptors but I don't remember ever seeing any FT SSDs turn up.

-joachim

Prev: RE: Trek conversions Next: RE: Trek conversions