Prev: Re: Adam Delafield Next: Strike Team Alpha

Re: Space Operas

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 03:50:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Space Operas

> The Starfire Universe was originally developed by David Weber though,
>  of Honor Harrignton fame.  In some ways I actually perfer starfire to
>  FT/MT (ducks under a table to avoid flames), but overall I find
>  the physics of the game a little strange to actually play.  Now a
>  Realistic Movement varient of Starfire, that would be interesting.

Starfire has a lot of neat ideas, many of which could be glommed into
FT.  I
especially like the expanding time/distance scales as fleets of ships
moved
closer together, which allowed you to conduct real fighter operations,
etc.
 However, once you got the ships onto the map, the game was a snoozer.
The
missile systems were the only thing worth having and the only maneuver
was
holding the optimum missile ranges.  At least that's the way it seemed
to me.

Later

Brian

Prev: Re: Adam Delafield Next: Strike Team Alpha