Prev: Re: Space Operas Next: Re: Space Operas

Re: Space Operas

From: hosford.donald@e... (hosford.donald)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 23:58:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Space Operas

At 01:10 PM 1/23/97 -0700, you wrote:
>The Starfire Universe was originally developed by David Weber though,
>of Honor Harrignton fame.  In some ways I actually perfer starfire to
>FT/MT (ducks under a table to avoid flames), but overall I find
>the physics of the game a little strange to actually play.  Now a
>Realistic Movement varient of Starfire, that would be interesting.
>
>-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
>=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
>-=- Gamer, Re-Enactor, hecka stressed	We're here to make your life
better!=-=
>=-= and trying not to be too homesick for the BA	  -Morrow Quotes
    -=-

How about striping all of the ww2 navies in space from the rules?  The
ships
turn like they are on an ocean...the map included with the original game
was
a light blue color!

I have the first and second editions...I called it quits at the current
third edition--too expencive.

try this:  Allow shields inside the hull,  Armor takes no space but has
mass,  all ships start with a turnmode of 1 (number of facings changed
per
turn), and may buy more at the same price as 1 speed engine.  Shields
regenerate every turn.	no  limits on how fast a ship can go....only
civilan
ships are limited to speed 4.

My friend and I think this fixes some of the problems.	The tech level
chart
is all messed up.  Fighters and shuttles should be allowed at TL1
(though at
much slower speeds, ect.)

Donald Hosford
--
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com

Prev: Re: Space Operas Next: Re: Space Operas