Prev: Re: Realistic movement thoughts Next: Re: PLEASE READ, this is important folks...

Re: Space Operas

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:10:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Space Operas

>>>>> "mww" == Mike Wikan <mww@n-space.com> writes:

mww> There are several books in this series including "Insurrection".
mww> These novels are set within the "Starfire" Gamesystem Universe.
mww> This game is a revised golden Oldie from Task Force
mww> Games. Starfire was until the advent of FT\MT the premiere
mww> generic ruleset for space combat (IMO) the rules covered a wide
mww> variety of weapons and hull types as well as having a detailed
mww> ruleset for strategic combat.

AFAIK There are only 2 books currently.

The Starfire Universe was originally developed by David Weber though,
of Honor Harrignton fame.  In some ways I actually perfer starfire to
FT/MT (ducks under a table to avoid flames), but overall I find
the physics of the game a little strange to actually play.  Now a
Realistic Movement varient of Starfire, that would be interesting.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- Gamer, Re-Enactor, hecka stressed	We're here to make your life
better!=-=
=-= and trying not to be too homesick for the BA	 -Morrow Quotes
   -=-

Prev: Re: Realistic movement thoughts Next: Re: PLEASE READ, this is important folks...