Prev: Solo Full Thrust Next: Re: B5\FT-New Narn Counters

Re: [SGII]How would you rate this?

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@a...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 14:48:32 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII]How would you rate this?

Joseph A. Noll wrote:
> I have some of the Heavy Gear, Gears from RAFM, they are excellent.
These
> are the best Mecha Mini's I have ever seen.  In the Heavy Gear world
they
> are 6m tall piolted mecha,...something akin to the mecha in VOTOMS.
They
> are scaled to 20mm, but can pass for Landmates (appleseed style) in
25mm, or
> big robots.

Good figures if you can get around RAFM's seemingly eternal quality
control problem with missing pieces, etc.

> SGII battle armor.  They are bigger anyway.  I was thinking of making
them
> remote piolted vehicals or maybe semi-autonomus robots, or something
between
> a walker and a battlesuit.  How would you portray them?  Are there
Robot
> rules avalible, offical or unoffical?  I'm at a loss.

Your best bet would probably be to make them SIZE 1 vehicles, with a
single pilot and some kind of weapon aside from the assumed APSW.  A
second APSW, perhaps, or a HEL/1; something that's small enough to fit
and carries the role of a super-heavy infantry support unit out well.

--
   Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com / zander@photobooks.com}
  Prefect of the 8,000,000th Terran Overlord Government Experimental

Prev: Solo Full Thrust Next: Re: B5\FT-New Narn Counters