Prev: Re: Computer game Next: RE: Computer game

Re: Dirt Side Vehicle Turning

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 07:51:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirt Side Vehicle Turning

Date sent:  14-JAN-1997 12:49:13

>The related question is: can a vehicle move sideways & backwards as
fast
>as it can move forwards?  In other words, if you want a grav tank to
>retreat as fast as it can (30"), can it retreat backwards the full 30"
>while presenting only its front armor to your opponent?

>Since the rules don't prohibit it, we've played that you can do this,
>but I think that's pushing the limits of the game a little bit.

A reasonable compromise would seem to be that you can move any direction
and end with any facing, but you must be facing the direction of travel
while moving. (Only important for op-fire.)

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: Computer game Next: RE: Computer game