Prev: Re: Archives of mailing list Next: Re: Computer game

Re: Computer game

From: Brendan Pratt <pratt@m...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 03:07:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Computer game

hosford.donald wrote:

> I was with my brother visiting a computer store the other day.  And I
saw
> the most amazing piece of software!  It was called Star General.  Made
by
> the same folks who made Panzer General.  (Those who don't know --
Panzer
> General is a wargame simulating world war 2 from the view point of a
German
> general.  You can start out at various points during the war, and
fight the
> historical campanes.	You can even get into "what-if" scenarios if you
> win/lose at the wrong times...It is pretty good.)
>
> Anyway...Star General is supposed to use an advanced Panzer General
engine.
> You can play one of 5(?) races, and command space AND ground forces.
The
> other positions can be players, or computers, upto eight at a time!
>
> If it is as good as Panzer General, It will be worth getting.
>
> I am going to get it as soon as I can afford it!
> OBOYOBOYOBOYOBOYahhhahahahahah!!!! Drool!  Drool!
>
> Sorry.....My inner child escaped for a moment....
>
> Donald Hosford
> --
Got the game three days ago - it is good... BUT:
 do not try to play under (the Evil) Win95 - unless you have 32 meg of
RAM :-(
 Runs quite well under DOS 6.22 and is quite amusing, as with PG there
is usually only one way to win a given scenario, but the campaign system
is good - not a patch on a large game of FT though..

Seeya

Brendan

Prev: Re: Archives of mailing list Next: Re: Computer game