Prev: Re: Lament (was supperior models) Next: PS Re: looking for pics\SPOILER B5

Re: looking for pics\SPOILER B5

From: rpaul@w... (Robin Paul)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 11:10:24 -0500
Subject: Re: looking for pics\SPOILER B5

>> The weight seems a bit off though for a ship that big.  That is 600
Metric
>> tons, right?  If yes, I was expecting something like maybe 100,000
Metric
tons.

>It could mean Megaton, too (well, should be Mton in that case). 6
million
>tons... for something a mere 300 meters long? And with B5 itself
massing
>2.5 Mton... Hm.
>
>Oerjan Ohlson

	My guess was that it either meant 600,000 tons, and that the
usage
had been changed to make it unfamiliar (using M as in the Roman system),
or
that it referred to some "conventional tonnage" (like the different
tonnages
used for earthly vessels) or that the graphic was made by a numpty with
no
sense of numbers...

Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rkp@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk
  "Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!"

Prev: Re: Lament (was supperior models) Next: PS Re: looking for pics\SPOILER B5