Prev: FT on computer Next: Re: Superior Models, Inc

Re: To Dice or Not to Dice...

From: Eric Fialkowski <ericski@m...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 22:43:24 -0500
Subject: Re: To Dice or Not to Dice...

At 02:45 PM 1/10/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello Everyone:
>	I wanted to bring up a question of game mechanics.  I am working
on my
>own space combat game and I am considering the combat rules mechanics.
>Recently a bunch of wargames and RPGs have come out using a diceless
>format.  I was wondering if there are any advantages/problems to this
>kind of system?

I don't particualarly care for diceless systems.  I always feel that if
you
know what is going to happen, why play the game?  I like that chance of
failure even when you are all but guarantied victory of that "if I can
get
a 6 I'll hurt you".  That's part of the game for me.  Guess that's why I
don't play chess.

   +		 Eric Fialkowski	       +
  +    http://netnow.micron.net/~ericski      +

Prev: FT on computer Next: Re: Superior Models, Inc