Prev: Re: RAFM catalogue? Next: Starwars Figures

Heavy Gear Figures for SG2

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 00:45:25 -0500
Subject: Heavy Gear Figures for SG2

About a month ago there was a discussion about getting GZG to increase,
not
drop, their 15mm line. As many people have pointed out, SG2 is best
played
in a scale smaller than 25mm. I've just seen some of the new Heavy Gear
infantry figures by RAFM, and they would make a good substitution.

The scale is 1/87 (nominally HO). So far there are 4 packs available:
northern infantry, northern support, southern infantry and southern
support.
The infantry packs come with 20 figures. The figures are carrying small
arms
(assault rifles or the like), but there are a number of alternate
weapons
that come with them. The support infantry appear to be heavier armed and
armoured. You could intersperse them with the regular infantry or use
them
as a second infantry type. I particularly like the look of one of the
packs,
where the infantry are wearing long greatcoats over their armour.

You could use the infantry with the Gear if you like (semi-)giant
robots. If
not, you can use almost any HO scale tanks. RAFM also makes field
artillery
in the same scale. There's a good chance that they'll produce tanks and
APCs
in the same game scale.

The figures cost $10 Canadian for the 20 figures. That works out to
about
US$7.50 or 5 pounds sterling. Shipping costs will probably raise the
price
in the stores.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: RAFM catalogue? Next: Starwars Figures