Prev: Re: Ion Cannons Next: B5 Wars Page.

Re: Ion Cannons

From: FieldScott@a...
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 13:55:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Ion Cannons

Dean writes,

> > Comments? Questions? Nasty remarks?

An excellent system! I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Eric responds:

>  1.  Force some kind of order (start with systems "on the side" hit
from/or
>  systems that can fire into side hit from)

Agreed. I don't like letting the target player choose the order either.
So a
ship that was hit on the port side would roll by category:

1) All systems that fire/ act on the port arc
2) any systems not on any specific side (ie -- sensors, FTL, fighter
bays
3) any system that cannot fire/ act to port

Within those categories, the targetted player chooses the order for
specific
systems. I'd say thrust engines count as Aft-arc, so in the above
example
they'd be rolled for in category 3. OTOH *DAFs can fire 360, so they
would
always be rolled in cat 1.

>  2.  Disruption of fire control/manuevering or something.  The ion
cannon
>  fired	 from Hoth sure affected the Star Destroyer.  I think
maybe
for
>  each hit	    scored, one firecon is disrupted for 1 turn?

And the ship loses 1 thrust per hit -- also for 1 turn only? Wow. Sounds
like
we need to up the point cost for this bad-boy! My SW trivia isn't that
great
-- can ion cannons be ship-mounted, or are they land-based only like in
ESB?

Scott Field

NONCONFORMIST: A conformist with a relatively obscure role model.

Prev: Re: Ion Cannons Next: B5 Wars Page.