Prev: Re: Bay area (was Re: New to the List) Next: Re: Ion Cannons

Re: Ion Cannons

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 19:58:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Ion Cannons

On Mon, 30 Dec 1996 dgundberg@bcbsnd.com wrote:

>  Seasons Greetings all;
>
>  With the impending release of the Star Wars Trilogy Special Editions
(US
>  release dates of 1/31 for SW, 2/21 for TESB, and 3/7 for RotJ) it is
time
>  to dust-off the FT-Star Wars conversions.
>
>  One of the weapons often mentioned in this universe is the Ion
Cannon. I
>  have not seen a FT conversion of an Ion Cannon that fits my vision of
this
>  weapon that damages systems but not structure, so I created the my
own.

What about needle beams??  They are short ranged, only effect systems
and
are not effected by shields or armor.  They aren't perfect matches for
ion cannon since you can target a specific system but they don't
required
fiddling with either, you can use them as is.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: Bay area (was Re: New to the List) Next: Re: Ion Cannons