Prev: Re: Wing Commander for FT? Next: RE:Hello

Re: Dirtside II rule question

From: Ludo.Toen@p...
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 13:49:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirtside II rule question

med20044@leonis.nus.sg (CHOONG SHOON THAI) wrote:

>: Hello.  This is to all the Dirtside II players out there.  In the
rules
>: manual it says that a GMS/H takes up 4 capacity points.  But what is
the
>: firing arc for this weapon.	Also, does the 4 points get multiplied
by 3
>: for turret-mount, and by 2 for fixed mount?	Either way, this seems
>: "cheap" for a powerful weapon like this.

>	The GMS has a 360-degree arc, and takes up 4 caps points whether

>turret-mounted or not. I agree that it is under-priced and that all
>vehicles will eventually have to have ECM and Reactive armour to
counter
>it. But then again, the point system in DSII has received criticism
from
>many players. Our gaming group impose a quota on the proportion of
>GMS/L-armed infantry to normal infantry, just to keep the balance.
>	Hope this helps.

To be honest I haven't found ANYTHING about GMS having a 360° arc.
The capacity given in the rules seems to mean they can be mounted in a
restricted frontal arc only.

In the section on GMS (p9) they do state that multiple systems on one
vehicle can be fired at the same target (without mentioning fire
control). This seems to be just like the Full Thrust missiles. Does
this mean that a vehicle with GMS can fire another weapon and the GSM
i one turn and at different targets (the analogy to FT would mean
yes?).

What do you think? Mike?

Ludo

Prev: Re: Wing Commander for FT? Next: RE:Hello