Prev: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details Next: Re: Dirtside II rules question

Re: Dirtside II rules question

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@a...>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 21:21:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirtside II rules question

Chen-Song Qin wrote:
> Hello.  This is to all the Dirtside II players out there.  In the
rules
> manual it says that a GMS/H takes up 4 capacity points.  But what is
the
> firing arc for this weapon.  Also, does the 4 points get multiplied by
3
> for turret-mount, and by 2 for fixed mount?  Either way, this seems
too
> "cheap" for a powerful weapon like this.

It should be fine to require it be mounted turreted or fixed-forward (or
fixed-other, depending on your tastes) with the standard space
multipliers.  That gives it a space in line with other 4-power weapons
(HEL/4, HVC/4).  There are several countermeasures that can affect
missiles that can't affect HVC/4s, for instance (ECM, reactive armour).

There is a field of thought that suggests vertically-launched missiles
should have a 360o arc of fire and take only the 2x multiplier for
`fixed upward' space.  We leave this to individual choice as to whether
to accept that or not.	:)

--
   Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com / zander@photobooks.com}
  Prefect of the 8,000,000th Terran Overlord Government Experimental

Prev: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details Next: Re: Dirtside II rules question