Prev: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details Next: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 23:07:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details

At 11:59 AM 12/21/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Just use a dos based text viewer/editor.  Slice off the parts that are
>unreadable.
>
>What you have left is text only.

Assuming you have a DOS based machine. What about people who are reading
their mail on a Unix box? Before our mainframe based system switched to
Lotus Notes server, my mail was pumped into a mainframe based e-mail
system
(PROFS). I couldn't even download attachments.

It would have been far more useful to publish the information as an
e-mail
message (not to mention, smaller). Attached binaries don't belong on
this
mailing list, as Adam has stated several times in the past.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details Next: Re: Cancon 97 Full Thrust Details