Prev: Re: size of ships... Next: Is thing on?

Re: Full Steam

From: CNCALD@a...
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 09:35:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Full Steam

Actually, I've thought about going the other way. Space 1889 has elegant
if
simple rules for altitude. . .Many people want FT to be 3-D. . .ergo:
Full
Steam

What do you think -

For firing at a target 1 height different would be an additional 6
measurement units to range.

Changing altitude requires one thrust point, hmmm, maybe two.

Still half-formed thoughts, but I think it might be cool.

Nick Caldwell
cncald@aol.com

P.S. - I started _my_ rules for FMA Fantasy over two months ago. What
took
y'all so long? :)

<< >On that note, has anyone tried a Space 1889 conversion for FT?

 >--Binhan Lin

 I've thought about it. The problem is that FT doesn't have altitude
while
 Space 1889 requires it. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to graft an
 altitude system onto FT, but is it worthwhile? Wouldn't it be easier to
play
 Sky Galleons of Mars? The one thing I like about Sky Galleons is the
way it
 handles crew losses from different parts of the ship. >>

Prev: Re: size of ships... Next: Is thing on?