Prev: Re: FTIII Next: Re: For Mike E., A Question (FMA Fantasy)

Full Steam, Was Re: EMP (was Why big ships are too good...)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 22:22:23 -0500
Subject: Full Steam, Was Re: EMP (was Why big ships are too good...)

At 11:00 PM 12/15/96 -0700, you wrote:

>On that note, has anyone tried a Space 1889 conversion for FT?
>
>--Binhan Lin

I've thought about it. The problem is that FT doesn't have altitude
while
Space 1889 requires it. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to graft an
altitude system onto FT, but is it worthwhile? Wouldn't it be easier to
play
Sky Galleons of Mars? The one thing I like about Sky Galleons is the way
it
handles crew losses from different parts of the ship.

However, Ironclads and Ether Flyers isn't a particularly good game
(takes
forever!). An FT conversion for pre-dreadnoughts might be neat
(especially
since I have more than 50 painted pre-dreadnought figures).

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: FTIII Next: Re: For Mike E., A Question (FMA Fantasy)