Prev: Re: One thing I'd love to see... Next: Re: EMP (was Why big ships are too good...)

Re: (North) American games...

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 23:07:59 -0500
Subject: Re: (North) American games...

At 01:31 PM 12/15/96 -0500, you wrote:

>> >It is interesting here that the US is lumped in with a bunch of
>> >"poorer" nations and weak economies.  While I don't feel we have the
>> >most stable economic system, it is fairly strong.  OTOH, if Social
>> >Security isn't abolished we may well be in serious trouble in 20
>> >years!
>>
>> I don't want to turn this into a economic/societal think tank, but
>
>So why did you give an opinion?

Sorry, but I was just replying to what I THOUGHT was a discussion on a
hypothetical future history. The comment of "not wanting to turn this
into
an economic/societal think tank" was a plea to MAINTAIN this as a
hypothetical discussion and not have it turn into an off topic flame
war.

This wasn't clear on my first post (which was a mistake; I tried to
click on
the "Window" menu item and hit the "Send" button instead) but I thought
it
was clearer on the second (full) post as the entire post was a
discussion of
a future history. I guess by your post that it wasn't. I apologize for
that.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: One thing I'd love to see... Next: Re: EMP (was Why big ships are too good...)