Prev: Re: (North) American games... Next: Apology to list, Adam, for stirring shit up.

re: (North) American games...

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 01:52:43 -0500
Subject: re: (North) American games...

In message <199612140444.XAA01768@smtp1.sympatico.ca> Allan Goodall
writes:
> >modules to waste money on...I sure some of the died in wool SciFi
types
> >could provide some some SciFi rules...
>
> There's the original _Striker_, _Soldiers Companion_, and BattleLust
> (fantasy/Dark Ages).

Don't know the last, am I right in saying the second was a Space:1889
derivative? It seems SF wargames generally come attached to an RPG,
to drawn in crossover sales of background material.

(Irony note: we're all waiting on JMT's B5 game rules, attached to
an SF RPG.)

I did get my hands on Striker once. It's from the original black-book
Traveller days. I haven't seen StrikerII... but I'll wager it's a
bigger, squarer-bound, more illustrated, fatter book with a larger
typeface than the original... and as for outrageous design systems,
can the original Striker *ever* be beaten?

I gave it a look-over we were playing DirtSide (one). No contest.

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: (North) American games... Next: Apology to list, Adam, for stirring shit up.