Prev: Re: More GZG product Next: Fighters - Rearming and Launching (longish)

Other Sci-Fi Genres (Was Re: FMA Fantasy etc.)

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 12:09:14 -0500
Subject: Other Sci-Fi Genres (Was Re: FMA Fantasy etc.)

David Brewer wrote:

> What other fertile SF genres are there? Car duelling? Unfeasable
> Giant Robots?

	Giant Robots: Hmmmm...I would really like to see a set of "easy"
Mecha
rules.

	Auto Duelling:	 YEAH...that's the ticket.  We need something to
give
SJG a run for their money.

	Here some other sub-genres we could play with:

	Net-Running Wargaming:	I am not taking about an RPG or CCG here
(cause
that's be done already).  I am thinking about a "Cyberpunk" syle wargame
where players command armies of cybernetic-hackers (their brains plugged
into their laptops) fighting it out with other cyberpunks in a
futuristic VR realm.  They could hurl anti-system programs to fry the
opponet hackers' brains while trying to keep your hackers' gray-matter
uncooked.

	Victorian Sci-Fi Wargaming:  Does "The War of the Worlds" ring a
bell?
Maybe we can reverse the whole scheme and have the earthlings invade the
planets of the inner solar system to spread good-old imperialism to the
benighted, barbaric alien natives.  I can see it all now:  Her Majesty's
Royal Space Marines, wielding Edison Electric Rifles and mounted on coal
burning Ford "Mechana-Steads", storm the palace of the Martian Emporer's
palace on Syria Utopia while the Royal Airship Squadron provides air
support.  I know, "Space 1899," tried to do this, but GDW didn't really
do much with it and now that they are in Grave Yard of Dead Game
Companies...

	1950's style Sci-Fi Wargaming:	The puny forces of earth, using
post
WWII technology, fight off hordes of Martians, giant insects or
arachnids, re-animated dinosaurs, and other B-movie baddies.

	I am forgeting anyone?

Later,
Mark S.

Prev: Re: More GZG product Next: Fighters - Rearming and Launching (longish)