Prev: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG] Next: Re: Fighter Groups

Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

From: axe@k... (Richard Tracy Hale)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 02:06:34 -0500
Subject: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

> Ok Alan I'm in, if we can get a few more people to help with the
design
> and background.  How do you want to run this?  I think a good starting
> place would be the overall game concept, ie. scale, morale based,
> representation on the tabletop.  From there we can deduce the types of
> mechanics we need, and finaly knock around a background.

I think a basic background should come first as that will greatly sffect
game mechanics. For example, a Tolkeinesk campaign would place magic as
a rare and limited thing. WHFB looks to be dominated by magic.

This background need not be to detailed at first but a few general
facts about the fantasy universe would be needed before any serious
attempt at writing a game to be in that universe.

> BTW if this gets going I think we should handle it through personal
email,
> and only post general questions and surveys to the mail list.  It is
> afterall an FT mailing list.

Agreed.

I'm A saxon dog and just can't help it.

Tracy Hale
axe@knuth.mtsu.edu
axe@gibson.gibson.com

Prev: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG] Next: Re: Fighter Groups