Prev: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules Next: Star Trek Threshold Cards

Re: Kra'Vak house-rules

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:26:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules

On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, Gary Ballard wrote:

> I only have one problem with the Class 10 Railgun in your rules. It's
> ticky little thing but might help.
>
> First off, if the Class 10 Railgun fires such a large projectile, it
> would have a limited supply of ammo. After all, that's one helluva
rock!
> So, I would think that a points cost for rounds, or a limit on the #
or
> rounds it comes with would be a appropriate. The thought of 10 points
of
> damage coming every other round, with an extra threshold check is
quite
> frightening, and does nothing to limit the power of the Kr'Vak.
>
> The rest of the rules however, I like. I might try these rules, if I
can
> get my group to agree. Good work.
>
> Gary A. Ballard
> gdaddy@misnet.com
> "I'm alive. The rest is negotiable."
>			Stephen Franklin
>			Babylon 5

Hmm, if you go with buying the rounds like the Class 10 Scattergun you
should allow the C10 Railgun to fire each turn.  You should probably
lower
the mass of the weapon as well.  I would also suggest that you get more
than one round per mass of ammo bought (probably two).	The only reason
decided on the unlimited ammo method (it would have been kind of cool
for
all Kra'Vak large weapons to have ammo) was that ......... will, I'm not
really sure now to be honest :)  I guess I would go Something like:

	C10 Railgun  Mass 8	Cost 40
	Ammo	     Mass 1	Cost  5

	Gets two rounds per mass, may fire each turn.

	If you think it is unbalanced then lower number of rounds to 1
per
	mass and/or reinstate the one shot every other turn.

Tell you the truth I was more concerned with the C10 Railgun being seen
as
not powerful enough.  We actually limit all "spinal-mount" weapons to
80+
ton ships ("ships of the line").

Do a comparison though with the other Railguns and see what you think.
Using the original mass
from FT you could get three class 3 and one class 1 Railgun for the same
mass as the C10.  That would give you a possible 10 points every turn at
cost of 40 pts.  With the increased mass you get two class 3 and one
class
one for possible 7 pts every turn (14 over two to the C10's 10) at a
cost
of 44 pts.  So far the C10 hasn't really done that much.  Of course
Jason
(Kra'Vak player) rarely splits his fire so whatever ship gets hit by the
C10 usually got nailed with another 80 or so mass of
Death-n-Destruction.
Giving it some more thought I think I would agree with the limited
rounds/one per mass/fires every other turn scenario if the weapon system
is abused.  I hadn't considered (and haven't seen) the C10 being the
only
weapon to fire at one ship (Capital) and the rest of the guns firing at
some other target.

Chad Taylor

Prev: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules Next: Star Trek Threshold Cards