Prev: Re: PDAF/ADAFs Next: Re: A complete turn-around of attitude...(david has nailed the issue)

Re: FT3

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 06:00:56 -0500
Subject: Re: FT3

In message <961212041224_103311.1205_IHH67-2@CompuServe.COM> Brian Bell
writes:
> I played with the proposed change to an all tonnage based system and
here is
> what I came up with. These are NOT proposed by GZG. And personally I
would like
> to stay closer to the original system with some revisions, not a
re-write.
> Brian Bell
> -------------------------------
> FT III
>
> Control   10%
> Structure 10% (partial streamlined, 8% none, 20% full)
> FTL	    10%
> Engine    10% per Thrust Point (x.50 Cruiser, x.25 Escort)

This is horrible. It seems to oblige ships to mass in multiples of
10, or get shafted by arithmetic.

FTL should be 25%, in line with the rules on non-FTL ships, BTW.

It would be this sort of design system that I would like to head
off...

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: PDAF/ADAFs Next: Re: A complete turn-around of attitude...(david has nailed the issue)