Prev: Re: construction times... Next: Re: EMP was Why big ships are too good...

Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 18:16:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

Rick Rutherford wrote:
>2.2) Another aside: The Kra'vaak scatterpack has got to go.
>
>3) Needle beams are far too weak to be useful, as are EMP missiles.
>If nobody's going to use these systems, why include them at all?

I like the variety of weapons available.  It allows designers to make
some
unique ships as well as help those who like to match a particular genre.

>5) AEGIS fire control & other new systems.

Improved anti-fighter and anti-missile support might be useful, but the
current mechanics seem to work well.

>6) Campaign rules.

Yes.

>7) Fleet book.

Yes.

>The most attractive idea I've seen so far is to have a hardback book
>containing the rules from both Full Thrust and More Thrust, along with
>whatever new stuff Jon publishes but the printing bill for hardback
books
>can be enormous, and there's no guarantee that it would sell enough
copies
>to make a profit.

I'm not sure about this.  One of the big factors for many to buy the
game is
its affordability.  Go hardbound and you raise the price.  Many folks I
have
introduced to FT went out and bought it shortly after playing it the
first
time since it is great fun and affordable.

>I'd be the first in line to buy it, though!
>
>	rickr@digex.net       The above opinions are mine.
>"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the
better
>it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
>					      -- Michelangelo

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: construction times... Next: Re: EMP was Why big ships are too good...