Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good...(Couldn't resist this) Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

FT3 Revision, not Re-write

From: Brian Bell <103311.1205@C...>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 10:40:28 -0500
Subject: FT3 Revision, not Re-write

After playing with the FT3 proposed changes, I would like to see a
revision not
a re-write.

Following are some revisions I would like to see:

1)Classification ranges. These need to be spread more evenly over the
100 ton
range.
Escorts: 2-30 tons				    Corvette:
2-10 tons

Frigate:
11-20

Destroyer:
21-30
Cruisers: 31-60 tons				   Lt Cruiser
31-40
								     Esc
Cruiser
41-50
								     Hvy
Cruiser
51-60
Capital: 61-100 				       Battlecruiser
61-70

Battleship
71-80

Dreadnought
80-90

Battledrdngt
91-100

2) Beam weapons. They need to be spread out more on a tonnage or cost
basis.
  2a) One way would be to increase tonnage for arcs.
	     C	 1 ton turret
	     B	 2 ton casement
	     B	 3 ton turret
	     A	 4 ton casement
	     A	 6 ton turret	(I feel that 8 tons is too expensive)
  2b) Another option (prefered by me because no ship re-design would be
needed)
is to make the classes just add range but not damage potential. Either
make all
ranges 1d6 damage. Or all class Beams 3d6 at 12", and A&B 2d6 at 24".
This would
make the cost/tonage progression more in line with the weapon
capabilities.

3) Since most of the "official" ship figures are partially streamlined,
cost
should be changed to make this the norm. Perhaps a "savings" of .25 hull
cost
for non-streamlined, and 1.5 cost for fully streamlined

4) PDAF/ADAFs should be able to target any fighter/missile in range.

Brian Bell
103311.1205@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html

Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good...(Couldn't resist this) Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.