Prev: Re: Missile storms and Aegis Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

Re: construction times...

From: Gary Ballard <gdaddy@m...>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 01:44:59 -0500
Subject: Re: construction times...

Myk wrote:

> Sometime in the past, you wrote:
> }
> }Yep.  They did an awesome job of giving us a view of what future
space
> }flight might be like.  One of the greatest aspects of those films was
the
> }realistic approach to future technology.  Can't wait to until the
laser disk
> }for Aliens goes on sale.  Anyone know where you could get a good deal
on the
> }LD for Alien and Aliens?
>
> I own the Special Wide Screen Collector's Edition Aliens LD set.
Restores
> several scenes, and in CAV format.  154 minutes long.  Highly
recommended.

> They've recently re-released a new version on LD, but I don't know if
it
> has any restored footage, tho.
>
> --
> ]\\ `/ ]< (Michael C. Smit) /\ Delirium: "There must be a word for
it... The
>     mcsmit@xmission.com     == thing that lets you know time is
happening.
>	Welcome to Utah       \/ Is there a word?"  Dream: "Change."
The newest re-release of Aliens on LD is I believe just a THX version of
the theatrical release. No new or restored footage, and none of the
extra stuff the boxed set has. Also costs $60. Yikes!

Gary A. Ballard
gdaddy@misnet.com

Prev: Re: Missile storms and Aegis Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.