Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

Re: Missile storms

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 14:52:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Missile storms

Geoff wrote:
>I know this has been touched upon in the past but has anyone
>come up with an effective defense against very large
>numbers of missiles ?
>
>I faced a fleet with two very large missile boats, each
>carrying 23 missiles.
>
>Wave after wave of missiles pretty much chewed my fleet up despite
>having fairly extensive PDAF and ADAF coverage.

Yeouch!

>Any ideas / option rules out there ?

If your defenses are weak, keeping the ships at a distance and using
erratic
maneuvers may help avoid some missiles.  If you keep the ships moving
fast
and change course often, your opponent might not be able to guess where
your
ships might move.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.