Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: RE: FT III, the question.

Re: Why big ships are too good...

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 05:02:50 -0500
Subject: Re: Why big ships are too good...

Date sent:  10-DEC-1996 10:00:39

>The assumption we were running on is that total hull points is not
>representative of the entire hull, merely the amount of damage required

>to damage its usefulness in terms of vital systems and such and
actually
>there are structural elements left behind even if all damage points are

>gone.	A second method would be to design superships in a starbase type

>arrangement, with each module connected to all the others... So a three

>module ships would look like a triangle (with limiting arcs for each
module)

>--Binhan

I once designed a SSD like this. It had three sections. A core that
contained the Hanger Deck and some point defence, and two 'banks'
that contained weapons. I never got round to using it though.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: RE: FT III, the question.