Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 23:37:47 -0500
Subject: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Eric Fialkowski wrote:

> As I have been watching these two threads, I've noticed what I
consider to
> be a disheartening effect to make the game more COMPLICATED.	I see
that
> there are problems with mass vs points or with big ships vs small
ships but
> I personally like the game AS IT STANDS.  I have DS II & SG II but I
would
> rather play Full Thrust based on it ease to play.  If I want a complex
game,
> I'll dig out my 50 pounds of Star Fleet Battles.  The direction seems
like
> Car Wars.  It started out as a fun, easy to play, yet extendable game,
then
> it became "Car Fleet Battles" with way too much stuff (optional rules,
rules
> revisions, and such).
> Let's not take FT there.
>		   +++++++++++++++
>     +------------+		 +----------------+
>    +		   Eric Fialkowski		 +
>   +	 http://netnow.micron.net/~ericski	+
>  +					       +
> +----------------+		 +------------+
>		   +++++++++++++++

I have a lot of misgivings about FTIII at the moment.  This sounds
rather
like a GW thing.  There may (to some) be a problem with one small
section
of the game that isn't exactly balanced.  GW then turns around and
changes
the entire system, forcing us to buy the new game.  That is happening at
the moment to Epic.  A game that is very good with only a few problems,
so
lets redesign it from the ground up.  FTIII for the moment just sounds
like that.  I realize that I am about to get flamed in the worst way for
comparing GZG to GW in this way, but I am getting tired of this kind of
nonsense.  FT is just fine the way it is, in fact it is great!	All FT
could possibly need (IMHO) "might" be a few suggestions on how to
balance
out some of the things that a few people feel are unbalanced (keeping in
mind that not everybody feels they are).  IMHO I feel that a third
expansion (kind of a "bit more thrust" or whatever) would be much
better.
I would like to see a few suggestions to balance the "problems", maybe
some new tech systems, a few more alien races, and maybe some campaign
rules.	I REALLY don't feel like being forced to buy a new rulebook so
that I can learn a new system to replace the one that works great the
way
it is.

Chad Taylor

Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: FT III, BIg ships and such.