Prev: Re: Campaign rules? Next: RE: Speaking of campaign rules...

Re: Why big ships are too good...

From: lojeck <lojeck@b...>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 15:48:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Why big ships are too good...

> >Some things in life just aint fair <grin>.

as much as I agree with you, I think this is the wrong attitude to take
when designing a game. Life isn't fair, but the idea behind a game is to
spend some time having fun, trying new things,etc... that gets ruined if
the game mechanic isn't balanced (to some degree).

Mind you, this isn't a bash on scenario gaming (which i do almost
exclusively nowadays), I'm just saying that I think a game where 1000
points of 100 ton ships is more or less equal to 1000 pts of 4 ton ships
is a "better" game then one where they are vastly unequal.

of course, I've got very limited gaming experience with Full Thrust, so
these are just based on my observations so far...

Brian Lojeck
lojeck@mizar.usc.edu

"This is the .sig that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started reading it, not knowing what it was; but now that
they've
been reading it, they notice it because... This is the .sig that never
ends..."

Prev: Re: Campaign rules? Next: RE: Speaking of campaign rules...