Prev: Re: dockyards Next: Re: dockyards

Re: Why big ships are too good...

From: Hal Carmer <hal@b...>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 18:49:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Why big ships are too good...

Some things in life just aint fair <grin>.  Just as escorts have an
easier
time getting up to speed 8 than do capital ships, capital ships have an
easier time setting up defensive systems.  If you were a single fighter,
which would you rather face, the defense system of a single destroyer,
or
the defense system of of a Battleship?
  Question: someone mentioned something about being able to place 3
shields on an escort.  How can this be?  It takes a minimum of 9 mass
units to get 3 shields.  This would mean that the ship had to have a
minimum of 18 mass units.  Isn't this larger than an escort class ship?
(again, I wish I hadn't lent out my copy of the rules!!!)