Prev: dockyards Next: RE: Campaign rules?

Re:FT/B5 and Hyperspace Combat...

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 11:15:52 -0500
Subject: Re:FT/B5 and Hyperspace Combat...

 I ran a game with my local group set in the B5 universe where
a Narn Task Force is intercepted by two Shadow Cruisers in
Hyperspace. I am using the Nebula rules found in More Thrust to
simulate the difficulties of attacking or detecting enemies in
Hyperspace. It has worked very well, and I found that the Fighters on
both sides had a much easier time engaging targets due to everyone's
desire to stay below 12" velocity. The extra level of "screens"
generated by using the rules actually helped the Narn survive long
enough to kill one Shadow Cruiser and Cripple the other before the
last Heavy was destroyed and the Shadow fighters mopped up the
remaining transport and three heavy fighters...
Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Products

Prev: dockyards Next: RE: Campaign rules?